19 Jun Installer – Baker Brothers Is Hiring!
Job Title – Installer
Type of Position – Hourly
Location – Marietta
Baker Brothers Installations is a fast growing, privately held, one-stop outfit for all storage and rack installations needs. We take care of every step of the process including design, engineering, contracting and installations. Our 23 years of experience in the material handling industry brings relationships with the best manufacturers, qualified contractors, and a dedicated team to bring comprehensive solutions to help businesses thrive. With us, the details come standard.
Baker Brothers Installations relies on qualified installers with the ability to travel extensively throughout the United States (primarily). The installer must be in good physical shape to perform physical activities which require lifting, climbing, balancing, walking, and stooping with heavy materials. Installer will raise, join, and anchor iron and steel frames, beams, girders, joists, columns, decks, and other structural parts to form completed racking, shelving, and mezzanine structures, and frameworks.
Installer receives a paid biweekly per diem in addition to hourly wage. Position includes mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle for travel between job sites. Company pays all hotel expenses (employees are expected to share rooms). When jobs require employees to stay out of town at length, company pays for home trips once every three weeks.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- 18 years old or greater.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
- Follow indications giving by the superintendent.
- Ability to read installation drawings.
- Willing to travel extensively throughout the United States.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to maintain work performance and quality level.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and climates.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation.
Work Experience Requirements
Experience in material handling or construction installation is preferred.
Experience in the use of forklift and scissor lift; certified is preferred.
Welding skills is a plus.
OSHA certification is preferred.
- Perform physical activities such as lift, climb, balance, walk, and stoop with heavy materials.
- Read and follow the manufactures operational guide for each system being installed.
- Read installation drawings.
- Maintain the job site and the storage area clean at all times.
- Ensure all expense reports are completed and turned in on a weekly basis.
- Maintain daily time sheet online.
- Use of forklift and scissor lift when required.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Wear Personal Projection Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Take classes to be certified in OSHA, forklift and scissors lift (if not already certified).
- Perform other job duties as assigned.